Thursday 6 December 2012

Camp Day 4

When aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! I said when I woke from my slumber sleep,we got up we had to get gear ready and pack our gear onto the bus. As I was getting onto the bus I thought to myself "Mmmmmmm! Today at the prawn farm I'm hopefully going to catch a prawn at the prawn fishing area today"
We went to the Prawn Farm to fish for prawns and a tour guy showed us around, where they put the differant prawn pools. Some of the prawns were 3 quarters the size of my arm. Yay! I said to myself as we were going to get our gear for prawn fishing because I have cought quite alot of prawn at the prawn farm a few years. We had to use a bamboo stick, good, tight string and a hook with a cup of prawn food. As we were starting to throw our hooks out Cole had already put his in and Bam! He had cought a prawn that was about half of the size my arm. About two minutes later I got a bite and Ka Pow! he took my food got of the hook, I was so disappointed. After about 25 minutes of fishing it was time to put our gear away and head to Turangi.
At Turangi we went to a trout center that have thousands of trout in there pools and ponds. Their was a guy that told us how trout breed, eat, and how many they breed. It was amazing how much trout they have. We got to feed the trout and where ever you put the food they all come rushing to you. After that we started to head back to Wanganui. On the way we stoped off at Ruakawa Falls to have lunch. Ruakawa Falls was way differant to Huka Fall because Huka falls is much bigger. Then we just started to head home after that. The ride back was so fun because me and Cole were just talking and making up jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment